- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Baby Gifts
- Back To School
- Bereavement & Memorial
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Dove Awards Winners
- First Communion & Confirmation
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Graduation Day
- Greeting Cards
- LifeWay Resources
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- Resources for Love & Hope
- Wedding & Marriage
Take your kids on an adventure through the Bible!
The bestselling NIRV Adventure Bible for Early Readers gets kids 6-10 excited about God's Word! They will be captivated with the full-color features that make reading Scripture and memorizing their favorite verses engaging and fun. Along the way they'll meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of things about the Bible. Most importantly, they'll grow closer in their relationship with God.
This Bible includes the complete New International Reader's Version (NIRV) which is written at a third-grade reading level and based on the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV). The NIRV is perfect for children learning to read and explore the Bible for the first time on their own.
- Full color throughout - Makes learning about the people, places, and culture of the Bible even more engaging
- Life in Bible Times - Articles and illustrations describe what life was like in ancient days
- Words to Treasure - Highlights great verses to memorize
- Did You Know? - Interesting facts help you understand God's Word and the life of faith
- People in Bible Times - Articles offer close-up looks at amazing people of the Bible
- Live It! - Hands-on activities help you apply biblical truths to your life
- Twenty special pages - Focus on topics such as famous people of the Bible, highlights of the life of Jesus, how to pray, and the love passage for kids, all with a jungle safari theme
- Book introductions explain useful facts about each book of the Bible
- Dictionary/concordance is great for looking up tricky words
- Color map section helps locate places in the Bible
- Complete text of the easy-to-read New International Reader's Version (NIRV) of the Bible
- 9-point font size
More Product Information
- Publisher: Zonderkidz
- ISBN: 0310744148
- ISBN-13: 9780310744146
- UPC: 025986744144
- SKU: 9780310744146
- Release Date: June 24, 2014
- Pages: 1584
- Language: English
- Version: New International Readers
- Bible Type: General Use
- Binding: Imitation Leather
- Red Letter: N
- Height: 2.10 inches
- Width: 6.20 inches
- Length: 9.30 inches
- Weight: 2.46 pounds
- Recommended Age Range: 06 through 10 years
- Recommended Grade Range: 1st Grade through 5th Grade
About the Author
From 1949 through 1951, Richards attended Antioch College in Ohio. He had no clear direction and hence left college and served in the Navy from 1951-1955. He was stationed in New York City and, during this time, converted to Christ under the ministry of Donald Grey Barnhouse, one of the great Bible teachers of that era. He described his conversion as a conversion not from unbelief to belief, but rather a conversion to basic biblical Christianity (Downs, 1982, p. 115).
Following this experience Richards became an avid Bible student and formed some of his most basic theological convictions. After his Navy stint he resumed his academic studies at the University of Michigan where, in 1958, he received a B. A. in philosophy. He graduated magna cum laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. During his Michigan years he married Marla Hafner, and they now have three children, Paul, Joy, and Timothy.
Richards is the author of some 200 works, some of which have been translated into 24 languages, making him the most prolific of 20th century evangelical Christian educators and probably the most influential evangelical Christian education theorist (Benson, 1984, p. 64). Some of his major works are being reprinted 20 or more years after their original publication date. Richards’s writing career divides into two primary sections. From roughly the mid-60s to the mid-80s of the 20th century, he wrote his major Christian education theoretical works, interspersed with teacher training guidebooks, parenting materials, biblical curriculum, and Bible study guides. From approximately the mid-80s to the present, Richards’s writing has focused more on writing devotional books, Christian life enrichment books, Bible study aids, and study Bibles.
Richards currently resides in Raleigh, N.C., where he and his wife are active members of the North Raleigh United Methodist Church. He serves as general editor for the 20 some volumes in the Bible Smart series (Nelson), of which he wrote the lead volume, The Bible, and also Moses, the Man and his Mission (2008).
About the Author
Sample Verse: John 3:16-17 16 God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to judge the world. He sent his Son to save the world through him.
Translation Summary: Working from the NIV as a base to maximize accessibility for younger readers.
About Translation: A thorough, scholarly simplification of the NIV, the NIrV was specifically designed to help young children and new readers understand the Bible for themselves and create an easy steppingstone from a children’s Bible to an adult Bible. Published in 1995, updated in 1998.